JennBooksandSwoons

Books and Swoons

Sharing my love for reading and swoony boys

Ann Fessler
3:59
Gretchen McNeil

Review: Just One Day by Gayle Forman

Just One Day  - Gayle Forman

Review can be seen on Books and Swoons.

Actual rating: 4.5 stars out of 5 stars

I'm a big fan of Gayle Forman's If I Stay and Where She Wentand when I first heard that she had a new book planned, I was immediately sold on it without knowing anything about it. So when I finally got my hands on Just One Day, I just knew I was going to love it.

As I was reading Just One Day, I felt the plot moving a little slow but considering what Allyson, the main character, was going through it made sense why. Gayle Forman managed to write about Paris in such a detailed way that I felt like I was experiencing it right along with Allyson. Gayle also has a way of writing that is so simplistic and elegant and it leaves you feeling every emotion possible. I was a left reeling by the end of the book. I felt as if I went on a self-discovery journey with Allyson and I didn't know how to feel afterwards.

I really enjoyed reading about Allyson. I found her to be such an approachable and relatable character. I feel like she is a typical girl who is confused about life and doesn't really know what she wants to do. She is also afraid of disappointing her parents, specifically her mother so it takes her some time to stand up to her mother. Willem is the Dutch actor Allyson meets and all through out their one day together, I didn't know how I felt about him. I liked him for the little that he did tell us but he kept this air of mystery around him that sort of stopped me from be charmed by him. I can't wait for Willem's book so we can learn about the mysterious, charming, laid-back actor.

Overall, I adored Just One Day. I found it to be such a wonderful read and all I want to do now is hop on a plane, travel the world and go on my own self-discovery journey. I can't wait to readJust One Year and learn more about Willem and Allyson and if they ever get their double happiness.