JennBooksandSwoons

Books and Swoons

Sharing my love for reading and swoony boys

Ann Fessler
3:59
Gretchen McNeil

Review: Better Off Friends by Elizabeth Eulberg

Better Off Friends - Elizabeth Eulberg

Original review can be seen on Books and Swoons.

*I received an eARC of this book from the publisher but it did not influence this review in any way.*

I loved this book. It was perfect and charming and realistic. Macallan was such a fierce character, I loved reading about her. I thought she would be a Mary Sue type but she certainly proved me wrong. She stood up for herself and her family and what she believes in. She's loyal and honest and some I would like to be be friends with. Levi is a regular teenage boy and I love him. His confusion towards understanding girls and wanting to fit in as well as trying to be a good friend is so sweet and funny and endearing.

Macallan and Levi's friendship is the kind that I love to read about. The history they shared and the bond they forged as friends is the kind of love story that has me sighing and swooning and makes my heart all warm and fuzzy. Since they're teenagers, they experienced a lot of ups and downs and misunderstanding on both of their parts. And I did want to slap them both on the back of their head at one point just to get them to talk to each other.

Overall, I absolutely love this story. It a modern day "When Harry Met Sally" story but unique in its own way. I can't wait to go out and buy my own copy so I can add it to my shelf. This book brought so many happy moments and laughter while reading this book. I'm recommending this book to anyone who's looking for a light hearted romance of where it goes from friends to more. It will for sure bring a smile to your face.