JennBooksandSwoons

Books and Swoons

Sharing my love for reading and swoony boys

Ann Fessler
3:59
Gretchen McNeil

Review: Stir Me Up by Sabrina Elkins

Stir Me Up - Sabrina Elkins

Review can be seen on Books and Swoons .

*I received a copy of this book for a blog tour through NetGalley, but it did not influence this review in any way.*

My rating: 3.5 stars out of 5 stars

To be honest, this was a surprising read for me. I had a little bit of trouble when I first started the book. It felt like I was being told the story instead of experiencing it. It also felt like there wasn't any real consistency between scenes. However, things change fairly quickly once I managed to get sucked into the story, when Cami and Julian first meet.

Cami is this bubbly, all over the place, sweet girl and Julian is this abrasive, rude and hot ex-Marine. When they first meet, their polar opposite personalities cause them to clash right away. They just seem to hurl insults at each other and while Cami was insensitive at time, I believe that Julian deserved it. So when she had to apologize to him, I felt a little indignant for her. He was being a prick and she was just being honest. *pouts*

I love Cami and Julian together. Their banter is so entertaining and how they just seems to bicker about everything reminds me of my boyfriend and I. And the best part is that when they did get together, it didn't stop. It continued but only this time, to make up, there would be some delicious kissing!

One of the things that got to me about this story was the fact that both Cami and Julian are confused with what they want to do with the rest of their lives. And like in many typical teenage relationships, the feelings for the other person would take on a bigger priority. However, Julian (gosh, I just love him for this) pushed both himself and Cami to figure out what their dreams were and pushed to follow them and that they would make the relationship work no matter what. Julian knew that his and Cami's dreams would separate them but he still wanted them to pursue their own path and do what they wanted to do. He didn't want to influence Cami into choosing a path that would just forced her into not following her dreams. I have yet to see something like this in a YA novel and Sabrina Elkins did such a good job at it.

Sabrina Elkins really impressed me with this book. I went in expecting a fluffy romance novel and I came out with a fluffy romance novel with a hero I just love. A hero I would love to see more of in books. Cami a fun character and I'm that both got their happy ending.