JennBooksandSwoons

Books and Swoons

Sharing my love for reading and swoony boys

Ann Fessler
3:59
Gretchen McNeil

Review: Ask Again Later by Liz Czukas

Ask Again Later - Liz Czukas

Review can be seen on Books and Swoons.

*I received an eARC of this book from the publisher but it did not influence this review in any way. All quotes are from an uncorrected galley not the published version.*

I was really excited about starting this book once I read the synopsis and saw that it follows two story line like the movie"Sliding Doors". I was trying to pick my next read when I picked up this gem and I was immediately sold when I read the first paragraph. I read it and I immediately smiled and cracked up. The main character, Heart, has such a fun and witty voice and so it was very refreshing being in her head.

Some of my favorite things about the story are as follows:
1. The main character, Heart. She is a funny, honest, witty, and good person. I was able to relate to her a lot of the times.

2. The banter. Oh my God, the banter in this book is hilarious. I have so many highlighted passages from when I was reading this book. I was grinning like a fool through out the whole book.

"No I see how it is. You don't want to go with me. With any of us." He sighed again. "And we were going to have such a great time. Bad food, terrible music, watching the cheerleaders hold each other's hair back after too much Boone's Farm wine..." Another sigh.
I raised my eyebrows. "Wow, you really know how to sell a girl."
"What can I say?" He shrugged.
 - 8% in on Kindle iPad app.

~

"'Sup, Duodenum?" he said with a slight tilt of his mouth.
"Schroeder." I looked down on my nose at him. Even though I was impressed by his seemingly endless knowledge of internal organs, I had to keep up the illusion that he was successfully annoying me."
 - 11% in on Kindle iPad app.

3. The friendship between Heart and her friends. Especially Schroeder. Heart has the kind of friends that she can count on for anything. The good friends that will help her, laugh at and with her, defend her. Friends she can count on to call her out on her mistakes. The No Drama Prom-a crew are a great group and I wouldn't mind going to prom if I had them to hang out with.

In the end, I really enjoyed the story. Following Heart and her two proms was definitely a hilarious experience. I'm looking forward to reading more of Liz Czukas works after reading this book and hopefully finding a new writer that I will enjoy. This is another book I'm going out to buy my physical copy and I'm telling anyone that is listening that they need to buy this book. I'm sure that they will enjoy it just as much as I did and they won't regret it.