JennBooksandSwoons

Books and Swoons

Sharing my love for reading and swoony boys

Ann Fessler
3:59
Gretchen McNeil

Consume by Melissa Darnell

Consume (The Clann, #3) - Melissa Darnell

Original review can be seen on Books and Swoons.

*I received an early copy of this book from the publisher through NetGalley but it did not influence this review in way.*

My rating: 3.5 stars out of 5 stars

Consume picks up where Covet left us and we're thrust right into the action. This book definitely had faster pace than the previous two and for that I'm very happy. One of my complaints from the first two books was that it was so slow going that it dragged on for me. However, Consume is a go from the start.

Savannah has to deal with the consequences of her actions and considering everything, from what happened in the previous books and now, I think she has certainly grown from that naive girl in Crave. As for Tristan, there were times when I wanted to shake some sense into him because he was being so stubborn. However, considering the circumstances, he was acting out because his grief and so I can't blame him. Both Savannah and Tristan did a lot of growing up throughout the series that I can appreciate this book a lot more due to that. I have to give it to Ms. Darnell for doing such a good job in their character growth.

I have to say that I'm very surprised by how much I like this book than the previous two. I guess because the other two were so slow and had a lot of useless information that I just couldn't love them. All the questions were answered and even though I had figured out who was behind everything, the surprise twist was definitely well done.Overall, I found Consume to be a lot more entertaining and I was glad that Savannah and Tristan got their happy ending.