JennBooksandSwoons

Books and Swoons

Sharing my love for reading and swoony boys

Ann Fessler
3:59
Gretchen McNeil

DNF Review: The S-Word by Chelsea Pitcher

The S-Word - Chelsea Pitcher

Review can be seen here on Books and Swoons .

* I received a copy of this book through the publisher through NetGalley but it did not influence this review in any way.*

**This is a Did Not Finish review. I did not read the whole book, only up to 23% . So this is just my thoughts up to where I read.**

Unfortunately, this is a DNF review. I tried and tried to get into this book but I just couldn't. The premise of the story really intrigued me especially after reading Speechless by Hannah Harrington last year. It reminded me a little bit of it and so I was excited when Gallery Books approved me on NetGalley.

First off, the galley was filled with errors which made the reading experience a little bit more difficult. I could live with that if only the female protagonist wasn't such, excuse me for the word, a bitch. Angie was Lizzie best friend and she was one of the people that ostracized Lizzie. Now, with Lizzie dead, she finds out that someone is posting Lizze’s diary around school. Angie decides that she needs to find out who it is and goes on a hunt.

She acts all self-righteous when confronting people, as if she were any better than them. After a while I became so angry at Angie that I decided I just couldn't continue reading anymore. Unfortunately, I don’t see myself picking up a finished copy and finishing this book.