JennBooksandSwoons

Books and Swoons

Sharing my love for reading and swoony boys

Ann Fessler
3:59
Gretchen McNeil

Mini Review: Human.4 by Mike Lancaster

Human.4 - Mike A. Lancaster

This review can be seen here on Books and Swoons .

I'm not sure how I feel about this book, I know I wanted to like it but I just couldn't find it in me to care. Its concept is very unique and intriguing but there was something about it that I just didn't love. I found myself reading and just not connecting with the main character and not caring what might happen to him.

I also had a bit of trouble with the writing. The author kept using the same phrase and way of explaining things. Like "her voice dripped of sarcasm." "...she said, her voice sounding patronizing." I didn't like being told the same things over and over again. After a while you start picking up on the way characters speak and say things and the way the author wrote it kept pulling me out of the story.

The second of the series is set to be release in November but I have to admit that I'm not in a that crazy zone that I-HAVE-TO-WHAT-HAPPENS-NEXT. I-NEED-THAT-BOOK-NOW. You know? Like there are some series that I'm counting down the days for its next book, but this one? Not so much.