JennBooksandSwoons

Books and Swoons

Sharing my love for reading and swoony boys

Ann Fessler
3:59
Gretchen McNeil

Review: Confessions of an Angry Girl by Louise Rozett

Confessions of an Angry Girl - Louise Rozett

Original review can be found on Books and Swoons

**An egalley was provided from Harlequin Teen through NetGalley for this review. It did not influence this review in any way.**

Love. I just loved this book. It has been a while since I truly enjoyed myself in reading a novel. I experienced so many emotions while reading this book; I laughed, I cried, I giggled, I got mad. I lived and experienced Rose's tumultuous freshman year.

At first, I was a little weirded out when I read that Rose was only 14 year-old since I haven't read a main character that young in a couple of years. However, that was completely forgotten as I continued reading. Rose is dealing with the death of father, her oldest brother is off to college and she is just starting high school. She's dealing with a lot of changes at the same time: at home, in school, and even with her friends. She doesn't know how to react to these changes and I remember being that age and just stumbling around, trying to find my footing in life.

The author, Louise Rozett, created a main character who is sarcastic, smart, loyal to a fault, and naive but you can't help but just be in her corner and cheer her on. There were so many time when I just wanted to hug her, giver her a push to say what needed to be said, to let out some of her anger. There were times when Rose was a whining brat, a party pooper, and melodramatic and I rolled my eyes at her. But she's 14 year-old girl and she's supposed to be acting that way.

With so much pressure to date, get a boyfriend and have sex, I was very proud about how Rose handle everything. She knows that she's not making the "popular" decisions by going against her classmates and instead just stand by her personal beliefs. At a stage where conforming to the norm is typical, it just makes me love Rose's character even more. Ms. Rozett did a wonderful job in realistically portraying the struggles and peer pressure that teenagers have to deal with.

I can't wait to read more of Ms. Rozett's works and I'm looking forward for the next book of the series and finding out how Rose's sophomore year will turn out.