JennBooksandSwoons

Books and Swoons

Sharing my love for reading and swoony boys

Ann Fessler
3:59
Gretchen McNeil

Mini Review: Crave by Melissa Darnell

Crave (The Clann #1) - Melissa Darnell

I reviewed this for Books and Swoons

I picked up Crave because I was approved for Covet without knowing that Covet was the second book of the series. Reading the synopsis of Crave, I was intrigued. It seems to have a lot of the formula that many paranormal young adult novels have, such as vampires, witches and a good dose of cliches. I enjoyed reading this book. It was a fairly quick read and it was the type of book that, if needed, I could put it down and not be worried that I was in an "OMG MUST FIND OUT" part.

Savannah and Tristan's relationship was one the parts that I really like. They were so cute and sweet together and I was cheering them on the whole time. I found Tristan's best friend, Dylan, to be quite the bully and predictable. I knew he was going to do what he did and so it was one of the cliche moment that I wasn't impressed with.

There were times though that I found myself irritated by how much filler details there were and not more information that moved the plot forward. I feel like most of the action happened in the last 30% of the book, and while I know that there are two books remaining, there were parts that could have been edited out of the book. However, I will be reading the second book of the series and I'll be excited to see if there will be some answers to the questions.