JennBooksandSwoons

Books and Swoons

Sharing my love for reading and swoony boys

Ann Fessler
3:59
Gretchen McNeil

Review: Glitch by Heather Anastasiu

Glitch - Heather Anastasiu

Original review can be seen on Books and Swoons

Now, I just loved the premise of this book, dystopian/futuristic/robot-like with a twist? I'm interested. Especially with that cover, I just loved the cover.

When first meet Zoel, or as she prefers to be called Zoe, right as she is experiencing a "glitch" and hot it works, I was intrigued. I liked Zoe. Although at times I felt like she was a goody-goody, letting people make decisions for her and blaming everything on herself. I can understand and sympathize that she went from not feeling any sort of emotions and individual thoughts to being able to do just that. However, I felt like she let Adrien and Max make all the decisions, while she just sat there being pulled in different directions. But when she needed to take control of the situation and of herself, she rose to the challenge. I feel like she redeems herself, to an extent, in my eyes.

Now, I have said it before but I am not a fan of love triangles and this novel just reinforced it. Adrien was/is the better choice for Zoe. He actually listened to her, talk and explained things to her and considers her opinions. He did have some moments where I just couldn't understand his slang and curse words. It just wasn't appealing for me. Max, on he other hand, I feel like he was patrionizing, condescending and just plain manipulative. And don't even get me started on his and Zoe's conversation about "pleasure." I wanted to slap him and knee him in the groin several time throughout the book. I felt like he was so pushy and just forcing Zoe into a relationship she wasn't ready for and wasn't even sure she wanted. I never felt like I could trust him and unfortunately Zoe had to learn the hard way.

I felt like the novel had some plot holes and made me scratch my head at what was happening because it just didn't make sense and would go against what was happening and what Zoe and Adrien did. There were also some grammatical errors, but since I had an uncorrected copy I am guessing that it would be fixed by the released date.

Glitch is a brand new trilogy and I'll definitely add the rest of the book on my TBR list.