JennBooksandSwoons

Books and Swoons

Sharing my love for reading and swoony boys

Ann Fessler
3:59
Gretchen McNeil

Review: Mind Games by Kiersten White

Mind Games -

Review can be seen here on Books and Swoons .

My rating: 3.5 stars

There is no way for me to fully explains what happens in this book without giving anything away. So I'll be listing what I loved about this book instead. And *beware: there will be some curse words.*

1. There is a lot of mind fuckery and manipulation going on this book. Fia and Annie are both being used against each other in order to kept under control. And holy crap the ways the are being manipulated is insane. I love the whole mind fuckery we have to deal with.

2. Kiersten managed to keep me intrigued right until the end, just trying to see how Annie and Fia were going to get themselves out of the hot mess they were in. I was definitely surprised with all the twists and turns and with how it ended. I saw it coming but I had hope that there was another way for these two sisters.

3. While some people didn't enjoy the dual POVs, I loved it. I found it as a great way to learn about Fia's and Annie's past and how we got to present day. That's not to say that I didn't get confused at times and would have to stop and mentally tally up the date and person the chapter was on.

4. This is the first time in a long time in which I can remember where I don't have a favorite heroine or hero. Not that I don't care about the characters, I just didn't favor one sister over the other. However, I will say this about Fia: she is seriously fucked up. Poor girl has been forced to do a lot of horrible things and it doesn't seem to end for her.

5. One of my favorite part was when we learn of what James is hiding/planning. I loved and hated it because of poor Fia and what she had to do. What she still has to do. Also, how Annie came to terms with what needed to happen and knew that it was the right thing to do in order to set Fia free. I can't wait until Book 2 comes out and we hopefully get all of our unanswered questions answered.