JennBooksandSwoons

Books and Swoons

Sharing my love for reading and swoony boys

Ann Fessler
3:59
Gretchen McNeil

Review: Stolen Nights by Rebecca Maizel

Stolen Nights - Rebecca Maizel

Review can be seen here on Books and Swoons .

This is a Did Not Finish review. I did not read the whole book, only up to 49%, so this is just my thoughts up to what I read.

Sigh. I...no. I couldn't with this book. I tried and tried but I couldn't finish. It saddens me because I had such high hope forStolen Nights after that ending in Infinite Days. Unfortunately, it didn't end up working out that way.

After trying to read Stolen Nights for almost two months, I gave up. Lenah, the MC kept giving me a whiplash with her emotions and I just wanted to slap her. Homegirl needed to make up her mind or at least stop playing with people's feelings until she figured out what it was that she wanted. I have no tolerance for people who toy with other people's feelings. For someone who has been alive for almost 600 years, Leanh is very immature and indecisive. She kept going from "Oh! I love you so much, Rhodes. I miss you/him. And I know you love me too." to "I need to see Justin. He'll make me forget." I blank-stared at the book so hard I think I gave myself a headache. I may be slightly exaggerating. Only slightly, though.

And can I mention Justin really quickly? He is like a completely different character this time around. Yes, the girl you "love" is in love with someone else, didn't you know that already? Yes, you do. She told you about Rhodes in the first book and about their connection. Why are you so surprised and hurt?

The love triangle of this book is just one of the reasons why I couldn't finish the book. I'm not a fan of love triangles and this book just enforced it. Lenah is the other reason why I wasn't able to finish Stolen Nights. If the book consisted of more Rhodes, I may have been persuaded to finish the book. There are some bookish bloggers who have read the book and they had trouble with it but that the ending is might be worth giving it a second chance. Maybe later on in the future, I'll give Lenah a chance to redeem herself and I'll finish the book. But no promises.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher, St. Martin's Griffin, through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.