JennBooksandSwoons

Books and Swoons

Sharing my love for reading and swoony boys

Ann Fessler
3:59
Gretchen McNeil

Review: The Truth About Faking by Leigh Talbert Moore

The Truth About Faking - Leigh Talbert Moore

Review can be seen here on Books and Swoons .

**I received an ebook copy from the author but it did not influence this review in any way.**

This book is the epitome of Young Adult with some teenage love, angst, and some drama thrown in for good measure. It was a really nice and fluffy read. Harley is a girly-girl who is really innocent and naive but sometimes her naivete really exasperated me. From the synopsis, we know that Harley and Jason, the new guy in town, start fake dating and after awhile the way Harley treated Jason really bothered me. She would let him him kiss her and then turn around and tell him it didn't mean anything. She wouldn't care that she was sending him mixed messages.

There were also so many times when I wanted Harley to stand up for herself. To stand her ground against Shelly (the best friend), Trent, and her mom. She should have told Shelly how she felt about her dating Trent and Jason right from the beginning. She should have made Trent listen to her and she should have spoken to her mother early on about how she was feeling.

I found Jason to be a cute, fun, flirty, and typical teenage boy. I thought he was a good influence for Harley. He made her realize what she actually wanted and needed. He goes after what he wants and he did it in a really good, convincing way. I was totally rooting for Jason the whole time. I actually like him more than I did with Harley.

What I love about this story is that Harley's parents are involve, active parents. They may be caught up in their own lives' and drama but they're not absentee parents that is normally typical of Young Adults book.

For it being Ms. Moore's debut novel, I found this to be an entertaining read and I'm really looking forward to reading more of her work.