JennBooksandSwoons

Books and Swoons

Sharing my love for reading and swoony boys

Ann Fessler
3:59
Gretchen McNeil

Review: Confessions of an Almost-Girlfriend by Louise Rozett

Confessions of an Almost-Girlfriend - Louise Rozett

Review can be seen here on Books and Swoons .

*I received an early copy of this book from the publisher, Harlequin Teen, through NetGalley. However, it did not influence this review in any way.*

My rating: 4.5 stars

I loved loved loved this book. This book makes me feel like an awkward teenager all over again and I don't even care!

Confessions of an Almost-Girlfriend follows Rose Zarelli into the end of summer right before her sophomore year. Rose has to be one of my favorite heroine ever, because, while she doesn't know exactly what she wants, she knows what is right and wrong and doesn't bend to social norms. She stands her ground even if it makes her unpopular. Rose is the kind of person I wish I were more like. That doesn't mean that Rose doesn't have her faults because she does, however, I can overlook them because she learns from her mistakes.

About Jaime Forts, I'm not sure what to think of him. I like him but I'm just as confuse as Rose. He has these absolutely swoony moments but then bam! Reality steps in and it like nothing ever happened. But I do want to share this:

He watches me with that faraway look, like he's appraising me from a distance. There's a lot of silence in conversations with Jaime.

Sometimes it means he's trying to figure out how to say something. Other times it means he has nothing to say at all. The only way to find out which it is, is to wait.

"I worry about you," he finally says, the words awkward in his mouth like he's never said them before.

Jaime takes my glass of water sets it down on the counter next to his. Then he faces me, putting his hands on either side of me on the counter. He's so close I can see the gold flecks in his hazel eyes and smell December on his jacket.

A tingling sparks low down in my stomach and my breath gets shallow.
How does he do this? How does he gets this reaction from me within three minutes of walking in the door without even touching me? All he's doing is just...being him.

I guess that's my answer.

And I guess I'll just have to take that answer as well.

Confessions of an Almost-Girlfriend is a wonderful follow up toConfessions of an Angry Girl and it exceeded all of my expectations. I had all the feels and was glued to my phone while reading it...at a party. Thankfully, there were some other book lovers with me so they weren't offended by my lack of conversation. I cried, I laughed, I became angry, I experienced all the highs and lows that Rose experienced.

I sincerely hope that Ms. Rozett will write another book and that we get some closure because OMG. That ending! How can it end there?! What's going to happen with Jaime?! And Rose! I need to how that will turn out. After this book, Ms. Rozett will always have a reader in me. I can't wait to see what else she has up her sleeves.